On 09 November, IDOS hosted an international and policy-oriented conference on “Greening economies in partner countries: priorities for international cooperation”. Participants in the conference discussed policy recommendations to support the implementation of BMZ’s new core theme strategy.
In its strategy „Sustainable economic development, training and employment“ BMZ shifts gears towards a perspective of a just and green structural transformation. Participants presented and discussed six innovative and actionable policy areas to support the new strategy, namely:
- Phasing-in eco-social fiscal reforms in a just and acceptable way
- Promoting inclusive green finance to enable just transitions
- Creating green demand: Sustainable consumption and circular economy
- Green hydrogen partnerships for local value and industrial competitiveness
- Converting the shift to sustainable cities into an economic stimulus package for employment generation
- Adopting a green industrial policy perspective and enlarging policy space in international trade rules